Ok, ‘need to know’ may be a little dramatic. As much as I love them, trends are a 100% optional and you don’t technically need them to look or dress your best. But they can be so much fun! So maybe I should say, 5 Fall trends you need to know IF you like to incorporate the season into your personal style.
Let’s get started!
- Plaid. Plaid, plaid plaid. It’s a common cool weather trend but where it’s different is the way it’s being reimagined: lots of colors, tiny plaid, giant plaid, non- traditional materials, you get the idea. It’s going to be everywhere. And my personal take? I’ll stick to this trend in a toned down way and probably layer it. But that’s just me!
Here are some great plaid picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale:
- Fuschia. Move over, millenial pink- bright and bold is the name of the game. I’ve traditionally played in softer colors, but this is a trend I’m really excited for. I can’t wait to be bold and live life on the edge! (at least in my color choices…ahem #suburbanmomlife).
- Animal insanity. Animal prints are back and bigger than ever. Classic cheetah will have its share of the spotlight but new prints like tiger, zebra and snow leopard are being introduced too. I’m still deciding how far I want to take this trend but I’ll definitely be working it into accessories like belts, clutches and shoes.
- 80’s mania. 80’s inspiration is going to be huge. Think leather jackets, tracksuits, metallics and every shade under the neon rainbow. Now if only I’d kept my stash from those college 80’s themed parties.
Left to right: Marni, Alexander Wang, Prada, Sonia Rykiel, Valentino
80’s inspired pieces from the Nordstrom sale:
- Statement coats and capes. Capes are going to be everywhere. I’m still feeling out this trend (+ to pull it off without being too heavy on the Little Red Riding Hood), but if you’re like me then statement coats are an easy way to play. Shearling is trending again. If it’s big, if it’s puffy, if it has lots going on, it’s in.
Examples from the sale:
Ok so now tell me- what Fall trend are you most excited to wear??