Well gals, we made it through Monday! (I feel like I need that little arm-pumping emoji right here…ya’ll know which one I’m talking about?)
This blog has been heavier on the fashion side of things the last few weeks with the transition to Fall, but I realized yesterday I’ve tried (probably too) many beauty products in the last two months and it’s about time to share my favorites. 🙂
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brush #12. This brush and the pomade below have been a beauty game-changer for me. The brush is very firm and precise, giving you the control you need to fill things in just right. (Tip: just don’t put too much pomade on it, and apply with a very light hand!)
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. I found some brow powder in my makeup case yesterday and put it on one brow and this pomade on the other to compare the difference. I noticed that the powder just doesn’t look as natural. The texture of the pomade seems to mimic brow hairs and I think that’s why this product is so amazing- it makes it look like you naturally just have really full, perfect brows.
3. Lancome Cils Booster XL Vitamin Infused Mascara Primer. I keep my makeup routine pretty short so I often skip the primer step, but when I have a little more time to get ready I love primer…a good one really makes a huge difference! I picked this one up on a recommendation from someone and was not disappointed. Using it with the mascara in #5 gives my lashes fullness I thought was only possible from false lashes!
4. Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner. This is the BEST drugstore eyeliner, in my opinion. I’ve been using it all Summer and love how precise the tip is. I wish this product had been available when I first tried liquid eyeliner as a teeenager, lol!
5. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. This mascara is amazing. Yesterday I was going through sample mascaras I’ve received through a Birchox subscription and compared every one of them to the Better Than Sex mascara. Big brands like MAC, Smashbox, and It Cosmetics don’t even come close (It Cosmetics’ “Superhero” mascara would be my second pick but honestly it’s not even close in my opinion!). If you want to try it without investing the $23 for a full tube, Ulta makes a little one for just $12 here.
6. Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Foundation. It’s a little pricier but this is the nicest foundation I’ve tried to date! It gives amazing coverage and stays put all day long. I love how flawless it makes my skin look (when I wear it, it looks like my natural skin, just way better!). Also, because it’s a high coverage foundation you can get away with using less.
7. Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder (on sale). This powder instantly warms up my skin and gives it the prettiest glow. I use it to contour and it works really well for that too because it’s a matte finish.
8. Maybelline FitMe Matte + Poreless Foundation. I just got the Giorgio Armani foundation a few weeks ago, but prior to that I wore the Maybelline FitMe all Summer. For what you get, this foundation is a steal of a deal for under $8! It works as well as many pricier foundations I’ve tried in the past and doesn’t break out my skin the way many drugstore foundations have. I love that Ulta carries it so that you can go to a store and have somone help you find your shade if you aren’t sure which one to get.
9. BeautyBlender Original Makeup Sponge Applicator (on sale). I’d heard so much about the BeautyBlender, but until I broke down and got it I had NO idea that a foundation applicator could matter as much as the type of foundation itself! Applying my foundation with it in “stippling” motions (bouncing it across my skin) makes for a flawless finish I’d only dreamed of before.
10. Sephora Radiant Luminzing Drops in Morning Light-champagne. (Sorry this one isn’t picture above! I couldn’t find a stock image since it’s a Sephora Own Brands product). Luminzing drops have been a huge buzz in the beauty world lately and I think this is one of the best, plus it’s only $14. A few drops can be applied to the cheekbones for a gorgeous highlighting effect (seriously the prettiest shimmer when the light catches your face) or mixed with your foundation to give your overall face a dewey glow. I’m totally hooked on this product!
Have you discovered any great beauty products lately? If so, I would love to know what they are!