Happy Wendesday loves! I’ve shared what I feel are some of the best beauty products out there as I’ve discovered them but today I thought I would round up my absolute favorite beauty products in each category. Some of my ride-or-die staples are affordable drugstore finds while others are a little more. After trying probably too many products (read: spending too much $$) and a few too many beauty boxes, here’s my holy grail of the best beauty products:
1. Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer ($16). I have large pores due to naturally oily skin and this stuff is magic in a tube. Dab and push it into your pores rather than smoothing across your skin; this makes all the difference in how well it covers your pores and how flawless your foundation looks afterwards.
2. Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape Concealer ($25). If I were stuck on a desert island and could only take one beauty product with me, it would be this. It does wonders to conceal acne and hyper-pigmentation and saying that it stays put is an understatement. But my favorite part? It doubles as the best under-eye concealer I’ve ever tried.
3. Foundation: Maybelline FIT ME! Matte + Porless Foundation ($6). Up until June I swore by the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation, but while it is a great product I find the FIT ME is even better (not to mention 1/6 of the price!). The flawless finish it gives is like no other foundation I’ve ever tried and it is also super long-wearing.
4. Bronzer: Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess. Bronzer is one of the categories where I’ve experimented most and I keep coming back to this one.
5. Contour: Tartiest PRO Glow to Go Highlight and Contour Palette. When it comes to prestige products I’m a Tarte girl through and through. When it comes to contouring however I was at a loss on until I discovered this palette. The fact that it’s powder makes it easier to me to blend and the shades are so forgiving.
6. Blush: NARS Blush in Orgasm. Often imitated, never duplicated. I’ve never found a blush like it; it’s just the right amount of shimmer and I love that it looks beautiful on every skin tone.
7. Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills is the queen bee in this area! I love her Brow Wiz Pencil but recently transitioned to her Dipbrow Pomade ($18) and Duo Brush ($18) and have been so happy with them. Together they create that enviably full, yet natural looking brow. Use a light hand with this product though! 🙂
8. Eyeshadow: Tartelette Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette ($46). This one was a splurge but since getting it two years ago it’s been my ride or die go-to eyeshadow. The colors are as subtle as they are gorgeous!
9. Eyeliner: Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Eyeliner ($7). I also love Lancome’s Artliner, but to be honest this Maybelline one works almost as well for a fraction of the price. I actually prefer the stiffness of the brush and it’s the first liquid liner I’ve been able to use on my lower lashes. Time-saving tip: only like the outer half of your eyes.
10. Mascara Primer: L’Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara ($9). This primer is so good and when combined with the mascara below it is dynamite!
11. Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($23). (Also comes in a trial size for $12 here). All the beauty bloggers swear by this product and there’s a reason. From my experience, it is the best mascara I’ve ever tried for thickening and lengthening your lashes in a big way.
…I hope you enjoyed this roundup of the best beauty products I’ve tried by category! And because I’m a beauty junkie I have to ask: what are the beauty products you simply can’t do without?
PS I did a YouTube video here on my five minute makeup routine and us most of these products!