…And we made it through Monday! Well, sort of ;)…I just got to Pennsylvania for meetings at the Turkey Hill office tomorrow. Usually my trips are a week apart but having touched down Friday I wasn’t exactly feeling the whole re-packing thing. (My struggle is missing Juliana.) While going through security I realized I’ve zoned in on a pretty specific travel uniform: denim + comfy tee and my Tory Burch Miller sandals. I got the Miller sandals in May and given how popular they are but how few reviews there are (excluding on retailer sites) I thought it may be helpful to share my experience and feedback. After all, they only seem to gain more popularity each year!
Tory Burch positions the Miller sandal as a dressier alternative to flip flops…and from what I’ve noticed that’s exactly how they’re worn. Enter the dilemma that plagued me for years (truth be told, I purchased my first Millers in 2013, only to return them untouched due to guilt over price): how exactly does one justify $195 for an item that serves the same purpose as flip flops? That was my question. Year after year I resorted to flip flops each season, all while the Miller sandals were stuck in the back of my mind.
When this Spring rolled around and I started looking at flip flops it finally hit me why I wanted them so badly. When girls with Miller sandals showed up on my Instagram feed I mentally put flip flops on them (yes, very strange!). And every. single. time. it killed the look. I realized although the functionality is the same, the Millers had a way of elevating everything else. They made a statement yet seemed to go with anything.
Here’s a quick rundown:
Here’s a quick summary of the pros and cons I have noticed:
- They go with anything and everything. I keep my Miller sandals near the door where I used to keep my flip flops because I know they’ll look amazing with whatever I am wearing that day.
- They are super comfortable. They’re actually more comfortable than most of my flip flops: definitely a walk-all-day kind of shoe.
- They are stunning. (And yes, the design is definitely a part of that price tag!) I find the design of this shoe is impeccable. Not only do they make your outfit look great, the silhouette is just as flattering on your feet.
- Cost. $198 is a lot for a pair of sandals where the amount of leather is relatively small compared to boots or even shoes.
- Front scruffing. The sides and front of the sandals are also leather, so if you catch the toe of the sandal on the ground while walking it scuffs up the leather. Due to this, the front of my sandals are now scuffed, which does bother me a little. However, it is not causing the shoe to damage or deteriorate and is really only noticeable if you’re picking up the shoe to view it from the top.
The verdict: these sandals are absolutely worth the investment. I have worn them four+ times a week since getting them in May and they show very little wear (beyond the above-mentioned scuffing). I feel confident my Tory Burch Miller sandals will last a long time to come.
And from that standpoint, the price makes much more sense.
What do you think? Do you own a pair, or have you considered purchasing? Leave a comment below as I would love to know your thoughts!