Since August I’ve been on the hunt to find the perfect utility jacket. Over the past two months I tried on too many to count; several were too boxy, some fit well in some places but not others, and others just didn’t look “right” (just no better way to explain it!). Utility jackets can be tricky because they are made to be a little big and, well, “boyish”–after all the style comes from military jackets. The trick is to find one that still gives you a bit of definition.
Anyway, I am happy to announce the search is over. The moment I tried on this jacket I knew I had found the one. The fit is perfect throughout and the material is softer, making it mold to my body in a way other utility jackets did not.
I love a good utility jacket because they are so many ways to wear it–getting one is truly an investment in your wardrobe. For this look, I chose the classic green-and-stripes route (not sure why, but an olive jacket over a striped top or dress always looks great!) but spiced things up with a bright yellow necklace. I also added a belt for a bit more definition at the waist and chose dark brown leggings to tie the look together.
Here are a few more great utility jacket combinations:
- With a white lace top and jeans (a feminine-yet-edgy vibe)
- Over a black maxi dress with a bold necklace (a comfortable yet pulled together look)
- With distressed jeans, heels, and a statement necklace (the perfect dressed up yet down combo)
- Over a plaid shirt (an ultra-casual look)
- With a leopard print accent, either shoes or a bag (a fun, playful look)
I’ve linked everything I am wearing down below. See you guys around in some rockin’ utility jackets!