HAPPY FRIDAY gals! Tonight I’m rounding up the biggest New York Fashion Week trends. It was really fun to see them first hand at the shows but just being in massive crowds of bloggers, designers and models also gave me a good taste of what Fall trends are in the hat.
While most New York Fashion Week runway looks aren’t ones we’d wear on a normal day, they do a great job showing the details and trends that are beginning to filter down to your local mall or favorite shopping site. Here’s what to expect for Fall 2017:
- Ruffles. They’re everywhere and a trend I absolutely love.
- Satin. I saw so many satin tops and even more satin camis, camis, camis
- Velvet. This trend is HUGE right now!
- Slouchy boots and booties.
- Mustard yellow, blush and grey
- High collars
- Metallics (chatting with a makeup artist in New York I discovered this is going to be big for makeup too!)
- Large florals and other bold prints (thanks to Gucci’s brilliant Creative Director Alessandro Michele)
- Shredded hem denim, and really any denim that has “stuff” going on at the hem (fringe and raw hem too)
- Bell sleeves and tie sleeves. I feel like every top I saw featured sleeves that had something going on
- Lace up. The corset trend is huge as are lace up details at the neckline, on the backs of tops/sweaters- and even on sleeves!
Here are my favorites if you’re looking to incorporate these trends into your Fall wardrobe. Many of these picks are staples that can be styled different ways. 🙂
What are you up to this weekend? Ridge will be watching college football all day Saturday so I’ll take Juliana to the park/shopping so he can have the house (and some quiet) to watch the games. 🙂 This will be our first weekend home in weeks and I’m excited we don’t have a lot planned!