Hey ladies, I hope you’re having a great Thursday! It has been one whirlwind of a week for me. Added to the normal work craziness I’ve had some big happenings in my personal life..exciting events I can’t wait to share with you when things are a bit more settled!
I thought it would be fun to do a regular post on either beauty, skincare or hair care products I’ve tried lately and really, really like. I love trying new products but I’ve found that even some with great reviews don’t always hold up to the hype. Rest assured, the items on this list are tried and true by yours truly. 🙂
- NARS Blush in Orgasm. Because I keep my five minute makeup routine down to 6 or 7 products, I have usually rolled with bronzer, no blush. That all changed when I tried NARS blush in Orgasm. I love it so much that I added it to my routine! (Fortunately, it only takes a few seconds to apply.) This blush has the right pigment and just enough shimmer to give any skin tone a gorgeous, natural glow all day long. I say all day because this product has some serious staying power. Being on the go I don’t really have time to touch up and tend to vet products based on how they stay put. This one passes with flying colors.
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. I have been hooked on this Tarte foundation for quite some time, but at a recent BBQ I chatted with a girl whose skin looked incredible. I asked her what she used and she told me it was this foundation. Naturally, I went to Sephora for a sample. You guys, it gave my Tarte a run for its money! I like both of these foundations equally now. The Make Up For Ever looks like I’m not wearing foundation at all and just have perfect skin. It feels lightweight and is very breathable, even when layered for full coverage. It gives a pretty, dewy glow and for whatever reason photographs better than any other foundation I’ve tried. I guess That’s why professionals use it?
- Fresh Sugar Shine Lip Treatment in Nude. Lately I’ve been obsessed with nude lip products. A nude lip goes with any outfit and looks more pulled-together than not wearing a lip product. Many high-shine glosses look tacky on me, but this one does not. In addition to lasting for hours, it’s extremely moisturizing, not sticky, and has hands the best taste of any lip gloss I’ve ever tried.
- Julep It’s Whipped Matte Lip Mousse. This product probably has the best staying power of any lip gloss I’ve used. It goes on smoothly, dries quickly, and leaves your lip with a beautiful matte effect that somehow manages to be hydrating at the same time.
- Dr. Jart+ BB Cream. The whole BB trend from Korea has taken the cosmetics world by storm this year. I love, love a good beauty balm like this one because it’s such a multi-functional product: moisturizer, sunscreen, foundation, and skin treatment all in one…perfect for when you don’t have time for makeup! For those days I work from home, I’ve been skipping foundation altogether and just applying this cream in the morning after washing my face. It’s amazing how well it evens out skin tone and covers blemishes…and it makes my face feel pretty incredible, too.
Let me know if you have any questions or end up trying these products! If you do, I have a feeling you’ll be just as “wowed” as I have ;).
This post is not sponsored by any brands or products listed; all opinions are my own.